I love chocolate and I love peanut butter. So of course I love Reese’s. But they’re not so vegan friendly and they also contain soya lecithin, which can cause allergies.
Here’s how you can make your own at home to your own preferences.
350g Chocolate of your choice
100g Peanut Butter of your choice (I used smooth)
50g of Icing Sugar
Splash of Vanilla Essence
- Melt down your chocolate in the microwave and pour halfway up into cupcake cases.
- Mix the peanut butter, vanilla essence and icing sugar together then add a small spoon of it to the cupcake cases.
- Pour on the remaining chocolate up to the top of the cases.
- Put in the fridge to set for an hour.
- Dust with icing sugar (optional).
They are so tasty! 🙂
Hi Siobhan. My latest post looks at peanut butter cups from a “green star” perspective (social and environmental impact). Some are good, some are bad, but the best option of all is to make your own vegan peanut butter cups. I made some, based on your recipe – they worked out wonderfully! I recommend trying with a few flakes of salt on top 🙂
That’s lovely to hear! I will have a read of your post 🙂
I’l definitely try the salt next time too!