So, I accidentally bought too many bananas as usual. So, of course I made some banana bread. I wanted to make a slightly different one. So I put together my favourite things: chocolate and peanut butter!
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ⅓ cup peanut butter, slightly melted
- ¾ cups sugar or stevia
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 mashed bananas
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- banana slices (optional)
- Chocolate chips (dairy or non dairy)
- Preheat oven to 180. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the slightly melted peanut butter, sugar, mashed bananas, oil, and eggs. After mixing, stir in cocoa, salt, chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir in flour last.
- Pour into loaf pan and top with thinly sliced banana pieces. I used 1 banana for this part. Bake for roughly 55 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
Leave a Reply